So I cheated a little and still split the wool right down into thin strips. Alot thinner than I did with the drop spindle.
Following watching loads of youtube videos (I liked the stuff by this woman and this also) I was all set up and got spinning.
It worked alot better than I expected to (I put it down to the preparation not actual skill yet) and is definitely more even than my drop spindle yarn was.
I think I might be over spinning it a bit and I defiantly need to work on getting it to wind onto the bobbin more evenly but hopefully will get better with practice :)
I've done some more this evening and have done most of a bobbins worth. Its not perfect but for a first attempt I'm really pleased with it :)