Friday 15 July 2011

Started the Summer Sampler Quilt


I  spotted this last week and thought I'd give this quilt ago as I haven't done a huge amount of pieced work and I tend to favour squares or strip patterns, or just generally random scrappy patterns when doing quilts. I thought it was about time I practised some more on my piece work and what better way than a quilt along to keep me motivated to get it done. Today I have completed the first two sections.  I cut out the pieces required


for the Star of Virginia and the Greek Cross. I haven't done either of these patterns before and found both fairly easy to cut and piece and think they have turned out nicely :)


I'm looking forward to doing the rest now as hopefully should make a nice sampler quilt in the end. Links to the patterns included in this quilt and instructions can be found through Freshly Pieced Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment